    SubjectRe: Error in x86 CPU capabilities starting with test5/6
    It used to be..
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae

    but now called features

    It's a simple enough change. Contact me privately if you can't any
    avifile people to help.

    Jordan wrote:

    > I have been running a plug in for xmms for some time that uses the
    > aviplay program and avifile library...then when upgrading to test5/6 I
    > start getting this error message when running xmms:
    >
    > ERROR: no time-stamp counter found! Quitting.
    >
    > I finally trace it down to my avi plugin and then from there to the
    > actual aviplay program. I have played with a newer version that had
    > more specific error messages one of which told me I had a non-intel
    > compatible x86 with no time-stamp counter and to use ./configure
    > --disable-tsc to fix the situation, this is all well and good if the
    > plugin didn't rely on an older version where even using the config
    > option will not work, here is my /proc/cpuinfo which shows tsc but
    > something has got to be wrong with it in recent versions.
    >
    > contents of /proc/cpuinfo:
    >
    > processor : 0
    > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    > cpu family : 6
    > model : 8
    > model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
    > stepping : 3
    > cpu MHz : 733.000092
    > cache size : 256 KB
    > fdiv_bug : no
    > hlt_bug : no
    > f00f_bug : no
    > coma_bug : no
    > fpu : yes
    > fpu_exception : yes
    > cpuid level : 2
    > wp : yes
    > features : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
    > cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
    > bogomips : 1461.45
    >
    > Jordan Breeding
    > -

    Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
    mhaque@haque.net

    "Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
    Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
    batmanppc@themes.org