SubjectRe: Error in x86 CPU capabilities starting with test5/6
It used to be..
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae

but now called features

It's a simple enough change. Contact me privately if you can't any
avifile people to help.

Jordan wrote:

> I have been running a plug in for xmms for some time that uses the
> aviplay program and avifile library...then when upgrading to test5/6 I
> start getting this error message when running xmms:
>
> ERROR: no time-stamp counter found! Quitting.
>
> I finally trace it down to my avi plugin and then from there to the
> actual aviplay program. I have played with a newer version that had
> more specific error messages one of which told me I had a non-intel
> compatible x86 with no time-stamp counter and to use ./configure
> --disable-tsc to fix the situation, this is all well and good if the
> plugin didn't rely on an older version where even using the config
> option will not work, here is my /proc/cpuinfo which shows tsc but
> something has got to be wrong with it in recent versions.
>
> contents of /proc/cpuinfo:
>
> processor : 0
> vendor_id : GenuineIntel
> cpu family : 6
> model : 8
> model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
> stepping : 3
> cpu MHz : 733.000092
> cache size : 256 KB
> fdiv_bug : no
> hlt_bug : no
> f00f_bug : no
> coma_bug : no
> fpu : yes
> fpu_exception : yes
> cpuid level : 2
> wp : yes
> features : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
> bogomips : 1461.45
>
> Jordan Breeding
> -

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org