Subjecti-node corruption -- who to contact?
Kindly forgive this posting from a non-subscriber.  I'm more of a test tool
person than a kernel hacker (altho I did a bit of SysV.[234] kernel work in
a past life). However the issue I'm facing involves the kernel, so I have
presumed to post to this list.

As part of my work for HP, I have ported an HP-proprietary mass storage test
suite that is used within HP (and by our partners) from HP-UX to Red Hat
Linux 6.x and Windows NT 4.0.

The tool suite creates two partitions on a disk, creates an ext2 file system
in the first partition, and then does file system testing (i.e., the 1st
partition) and raw device testing (to the 2nd partition). In the course
of file system testing, explicit fsck -y -f's are occasionally performed.
On occasion the fsck will detect corrupted i-nodes (is that what they're
called in ext2? I'm using HP-UX and AT&T SysV terminology) -- that is, I
get reams of "Inode xxxx is in use, but has dtime set" msgs, followed by
reams of "Illegal block #x (yyy) in inode zzzz". What's remarkable about
all the "yyy" numbers is that they are from the data that the test tools
write to _files_ (the tool writes distinctive patterns). {I have also had
splotches of nulls show up in data files on systems not running the test
suite, but that's another issue.}

I have sent e-mail on several occasions in recent months to Theodore T'so as
well as to Doug Ledford (at Red Hat, since his name appears in the aic7xxx.c
driver). Neither of these gentleman have responded to me. Are these the
appropriate individuals to contact? If it would be deemed appropriate
I can send test results to anyone interested.

Please cc: me on any responses. Thx.
--
Fred Christiansen, a Canajan (Eh?) in Idaho .................................
fredch@boi.hp.com (specific) // fred_christiansen@hp.com (general)