SubjectRe: 2.2.15pre3 compile failure in qnx4 fs
On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > At this time, please DO NOT enable QNX write-support when configuring
> > > the kernel as any attempt to actually write something is certain to
> > > damage your QNX partition!
> > > This is true for 2.3.x as well.
> > >
> > > I still need a couple of weeks to get it right, please be patient.
> >
> > So why are you submitting it to 2.2 which is supposed to be stable?
>
> The read support is stable, the read/write is not. I should point out that
> its going from 2.3.x back into 2.2.x as the read support in the old 2.2.x
> isnt stable either.

I see. How I found this bug: I have a new hardware which needs to be
tested, so I took 2.2.15pre3, checked as much options as I could and
started a loop of kernel compilations. And even the first compilation
didn't finished because of evident syntax error in kernel sources, so
I reported it. No, I am not interested in QNX support at all. Kernel
compilation is just a kind of benchmark for me. I simply do not trust
the new hardware which didn't passed my standard
"24-hrs-non-stop-kernel-compilation" procedure. ;)

Leos

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.038 / U:0.588 seconds]