    SubjectRe: 2.2.15pre3 compile failure in qnx4 fs
    On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > > At this time, please DO NOT enable QNX write-support when configuring
    > > > the kernel as any attempt to actually write something is certain to
    > > > damage your QNX partition!
    > > > This is true for 2.3.x as well.
    > > >
    > > > I still need a couple of weeks to get it right, please be patient.
    > >
    > > So why are you submitting it to 2.2 which is supposed to be stable?
    >
    > The read support is stable, the read/write is not. I should point out that
    > its going from 2.3.x back into 2.2.x as the read support in the old 2.2.x
    > isnt stable either.

    I see. How I found this bug: I have a new hardware which needs to be
    tested, so I took 2.2.15pre3, checked as much options as I could and
    started a loop of kernel compilations. And even the first compilation
    didn't finished because of evident syntax error in kernel sources, so
    I reported it. No, I am not interested in QNX support at all. Kernel
    compilation is just a kind of benchmark for me. I simply do not trust
    the new hardware which didn't passed my standard
    "24-hrs-non-stop-kernel-compilation" procedure. ;)

    Leos

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.028 / U:32.272 seconds]