SubjectKernel lockups, no oops, no panic, RAID related?

Lately I've been having problems with my server locking up
semi-regularly.

It consists of:

P200MMX, Acer TXPro motherboard, 64MB RAM with connected:
hda - Conner CFA1275A IDE drive
hdc - Maxtor 7850 AV IDE drive
Promise Ultra33 PCI IDE controller with:
(3x) (hde, hdf, hdg) Maxtor 91303D6
Adaptec AIC-7850 (for DAT)
Intel EEPro 100

The three Maxtor drives on the Promise controller are set up as a single
RAID0 device.

I've been running RedHat 6.0 on the machine and just using the stock
2.2.5 kernel that comes along with it. When I recently started to see a
higher frequency of lockups, I grabbed 2.2.12 and applied the most
recent knfsd and RAID patches and rebuilt it. The only thing being
loaded as a module with the new custom kernel is the eepro driver,
previously the SCSI driver was also being loaded as a module.

It seems to lock up on accesses to the RAID device but not while doing
anything else in particular. I've had it lock up recently during a
backup, while copying files over NFS and while FTP'ing files from the
machine. All _appear_ to have happened during reads from the RAID
device. (Thank goodness, what with the 45 minute fsck times on the
thing as it is... :) It's locked up on me after having been up and
running for several weeks and just now locked up on me after having only
been up for about 30 minutes.

The thing that bothers me is that there is no panic, no oops, no
messages, simply the console locks up and the machine stops responding.
(Although just before it locked up this last time I got this message:
"kmem_free: Either bad obj addr or double free (ob
jp=c2508000, name=size-2048)" I don't know if it's related.)

Any ideas or is there anything I can do to try to diagnose what might be
causing this problem better?