SubjectRe: Turning lucent winmodem into soundcard
Pavel Machek wrote:

> Then, there's v34 stack. It is not written yet, but it will eventually
> get written. It needs sort of realtime guarantees. Should it go into
> kernel?

Put your driver into the kernel. I'd suggest an interface similar
to the current soundcard interface, plus ioctl's to handle
phone line specifics, like hangup etc.

The realtime guarantees should be ok when using what the kernel
already provides (mlock, sched_setscheduler), as long as it
can control when exactly a waveform gets transmitted. It
can do this by sending the right amount of zero samples
to the soundcard aka modem :)

Tom

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.060 / U:1.040 seconds]