    SubjectTurning lucent winmodem into soundcard
    Hi!

    I've driver which essentially turns lucents winmodem into
    soundcard. So - hardware interface was guessed and "only" remaining
    part is doing v34 in software.

    See discuss@linmodems.org archives for details.

    Now, question is where should it go. That winmodem uses interrupts so
    little that it can be nicely done using polling+userspace with zero
    performance lost. Still it is device driver. Should it go into kernel?
    [Well, drivers/sound/modem would be cool :-)]

    Then, there's v34 stack. It is not written yet, but it will eventually
    get written. It needs sort of realtime guarantees. Should it go into
    kernel?

    Pavel
    --
    I'm also pavel@suse.de.