    SubjectTurning lucent winmodem into soundcard

    I've driver which essentially turns lucents winmodem into
    soundcard. So - hardware interface was guessed and "only" remaining
    part is doing v34 in software.

    See archives for details.

    Now, question is where should it go. That winmodem uses interrupts so
    little that it can be nicely done using polling+userspace with zero
    performance lost. Still it is device driver. Should it go into kernel?
    [Well, drivers/sound/modem would be cool :-)]

    Then, there's v34 stack. It is not written yet, but it will eventually
    get written. It needs sort of realtime guarantees. Should it go into

    I'm also

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:1.552 seconds]