SubjectBug in NFS root with initrd.

I'm running kernel version 2.2.12 on an Intel Pentium II machine on
RedHat Linux 6.0.

The other day I built a kernel with both NFS root and initrd support.
I had hoped to be able to load the driver for my Ethernet card as
a module. I created the appropriate initrd.

I can boot the system into the initrd, and load the driver for my
Ethernet card. But, the kernel is unable to mount the NFS filesystem.

(I've been told that the NFS root will mount will succeed if I configure
the network interface by hand in my initrd. So it looks like the problem
is that the code to configure eth0 is not done after the initrd switches
over to the real root fs.)

Anyway, if someone could give me some help on this, I'd appreciate it.

Eric

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.104 / U:0.008 seconds]