    > From: "Leslie F. Donaldson" <>
    > Hello,
    > I just thought I would send this to the kernel list
    > so people could be aware of a small problem in the
    > TCQ code in refrence to the aic7xxx driver. The code
    > now turns on TCQ by default and moves around in
    > scsi.c the location of the probeing of the harddrives.
    > Well I have Western Digital Enterprise drives
    > and this process forces the scsibus into a
    > cyclic reset. I went into scsi_obsolete.c and
    > discovered that RESET2 never got called. I also
    > tried passing in the kernel options but I think
    > the scsi.c still probes and then decides how
    > many TCQ the user wanted verses the hardware. My only solution
    > at this point was to roll out every patch that
    > 2.2.11 had in the drivers/scsi directory. I tried
    > rolling out just the aic7xxx patches but it didn't help.
    > Anybody know if anyone is working on this?
    I think I'm having the same problem with 2.2.11 that you're having.
    I've got an Adaptec 2940 with a Pinnacle Micro CD-R. On boot, it tries to
    probe for the drive and goes into an endless cycle of resetting the SCSI
    chain. I haven't had time to mess with it - my solution was just to fall
    back to 2.2.10, which worked fine - but it's another data point if you're

    2.2.12 has the same problem. When I get time, I'll try out 2.3.15
    and see what happens...

    John Campbell

    QotD: There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
    what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and
    be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is
    another theory which states that this has already happened.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:12.568 seconds]