SubjectRe: [rtl] Low-latency patches working GREAT (<2.9ms audio latency),see testresults ,but ISDN troubles
Uh, Oh! Look out!

I can see them already, the headlines, the books and movie titles.
They read:

" Barbarians from the Linux Camps! "

Well, to anybody who thinks they can compete with the BeOS in the
multimedia
and internet appliance world I say: " Welcome! Seriously! "

To add to Mr. Torwalds advice below, I suggest that you not only wake
up, but
also smell the coffee and stop drinking the coolaid : )

ciao
yc

>On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:
>>
>> A 25% disk i/o decrease is very serious. Lets get some serious
feedback
>> from people running internet and database servers before we blow off
>> the server users in order to compete with BEOS.
>
>Guys, if anybody thinks we're competing with BeOS, then wake up. BeOS
is a
>niche OS that isn't worth competing against, and at most we can try to
>find out what it's good at and see if we can emulate some of it. But
25%
>disk IO decrease is definitely not something we want to even consider.
>
> Linus
>

>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-
kernel" in

6784P@listbeast.be.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.034 / U:0.392 seconds]