SubjectRE: SCSI targer mode driver

# Forgive me for replying to kernel-ML .....

Daniel Roesen wrote:
> In case you didn't get any pointer up to now:
>
> http://shoga.wwa.com/~scottr/sd/design/index.htm

Very intersting. Thanks great.

Although I did not announced anything yet, I actually have written
experimental implementaion of target mode driver for qlogicisp.
It works and I am preparing english documents, though slowly ;-)

For SCSI-IP, I intended to have user space scsi-net driver
implemented easily using my code and user-link driver, and I
implemented target mode driver as low level, character device with
a little genericness. (interface driver is separated from low
level driver.)

But now I re-think that I would have better to merge it with this
'IP Encapsulation in SCSI Driver', if it seems to work well
with qlogicisp.

As shown in http://shoga.wwa.com/~scottr/sd/design/mods.htm,
we need to modify scsi mid layer in order to accept target mode
operation in scsi low layer. (I did that in low level driver too.)

Although I have not looked into this paper/source carefully,
I imagine that this(modification of layer) might be a part of
reason why authors didn't change status of SCSI-IP code from 'test
implmentation' to 'official release'.

I also think to look into FreeBSD 3.x's CAM layer, for reference
or to introduce it into Linux, if it looks good and easy.
Does anyone else think of possibility of introducing SCSI CAM
layer support to Linux?
Is this senseless or effective? I am wondering...

Best Regards.

--
Tadayoshi Ohkuma
kuma@tengelle.kuma.taito.tokyo.jp