SubjectRe: [patch] pagecache-2.3.9-H3, bmap & ext2fs cleanup patch
On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>(Our ll_rw_block() cannot handle multi-device requests, but we'll see if
>we ever need them before I would fix that up).

I just need/did that but not for a filesystem that span multiple devices,
but more simply for writing dirty buffers to disk at once. If you remeber
I just sent you the patch for ll_rw_block but you showed me a pseudo-code
implementation of an helper function to handle such multi-device work
without change ll_rw_block. I can finish the real implementation of
course, just tell me "do that" :). Currently I am still running with a
multi-device capable ll_rw_block because having ll_rw_block multi-device
capable seems to me the cleaner solution and that may perform better than
the helper function if the block-device changes every time (unlikely I
know...).

BTW, I think that a filesystem that span over multiple devices could make
better choices than raid, right?

Andrea Arcangeli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.083 / U:0.196 seconds]