SubjectRe: Removable media bug
Alan Cox wrote:
> > >He has a faulty floppy drive, everyone else doesn't is the short
> > summary.
> > >The FDC has a "disk changed" detection line.
> >
> > I was spaking about a SCSI magneto-optical drive, not a floppy disk.
> > Anyway... Have some of you a removable media to repeat the test I did
> > ??
>
> I did a lot of SCSI M/O testing and the media change works. There is a faulty
> 'eject' tool around that does scsi ejects via scsi generic and does not
> do cache flushes, otherwise it is fine providing your M/O drive reports
> itself as optical and/or removable block device

One of these days I'll get enough time to look into this, but I was
amongst the people shouting that his device must be broken until
yesterday I ran into the same problem.

The Linux kernel is slow enough in responding to media changes that I
can swap my DVD-RAM disks around and get an "old" contents when it is
reinserted. There really is something murky going on here, but I
haven't had time to fully investigate yet.

Regards,

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------