SubjectRe: Removable media bug
Giuliano Pochini wrote:

> >He has a faulty floppy drive, everyone else doesn't is the short
> summary.
> >The FDC has a "disk changed" detection line.
> I was spaking about a SCSI magneto-optical drive, not a floppy disk.
> Anyway... Have some of you a removable media to repeat the test I did
> ??

To Linux, a floppy is just a small removable disk, just like an MO
drive is a (moderately) large removable disk.

So if someone tells you that this problem can be caused by a a bad
media changed signal, then you should interpret that in the context
of your situation: your MO drive seems to have a bad media changed

Wether that's firmware in the MO drive or a physical problem in the
drive, I don't know....

** ** ** +31-15-2137555 **
------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------