SubjectSYM53C8XX driver updates to test.

Hello,

I have made available 2 SYM53C8XX driver versions that I would want to be
tested on production(like) systems, so that they will be candidate for the
kernel mainstream:

Version 1.5b
------------
It is the latest one and has been heavily augmented and hopefully improved.
The 1.5 driver series will be candidate for 2.3 kernels.

Version 1.3f
------------
It only contains fixes against current driver of 2.2 kernels. This one will
be candidate for 2.2 (and may-be 2.0 kernels if some will be released).

--

If you have time and hardware for giving these drivers a try, and let me
know if you encountered problems using them, this will help.

I only have P5/PII machines, and unless somebody else tested these drivers
on non-Intel-like hardware, they never booted on real machines;-). So, you
must be careful if you intend to evaluate these drivers on non-Intel-like
machines. Driver 1.3f should work for Alpha since I have incorporated a
fix that I received a couple of weeks ago.

Patches are available at ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/roudier/

Here is a brief description of the files available at this location:

1. Incremental patches for common kernel versions:

./drivers/linux/sym53c8xx/
README
<files of the pattern patch-53c8xx-vvv-sss-kkk.gz>

The README file is here to help you.

2. Latest driver version diffs against the latest kernels we have had time
to have a look at.

./drivers/linux/experimental/
patch-53c8xx-1.5b-2.0.36.gz
patch-53c8xx-1.5b-2.0.37-pre12.gz
patch-53c8xx-1.5b-2.2.9.gz (for 2.2.9 up to 2.3.3 kernels)

3. Diffs for driver versions assumed stable.

./drivers/linux/stable/
patch-53c8xx-1.4-2.0.36.gz
patch-53c8xx-1.4-2.0.36-pristine.gz
patch-53c8xx-1.3f-2.2.5.gz
patch-53c8xx-1.3f-2.2.7.gz (for 2.2.7 up to 2.2.9 kernels)

No need to use incremental patches. The patches in 'experimental' and
'stable' directories should fit.

Enjoy and thanks for testing new driver versions.

Gérard.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:52    [W:0.029 / U:0.148 seconds]