    Subject2.2.3 disk I/O broken
    Recently someone complained that changes made in fdisk
    didn't `take', that he deleted a partition, and rebooted,
    and it was still there. I could hardly believe this -
    there is no such bug in fdisk - and he reported that
    another attempt with cfdisk had been successful.

    A moment ago I used cfdisk on some machine and found
    the partition table unchanged after writing it back.
    And sync;sync;sync did not change that.
    But a second invocation of cfdisk worked.

    This was a vanilla 2.2.3 kernel.

    So, maybe a bug has crept into the treatment of partition
    table sectors in 2.2.*. Will investigate more later.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:51    [W:0.018 / U:7.172 seconds]