    Subjecteepro100 frame errors with SMP
    Date
    Two different machines, each with an eepro100, are racking up frame errors,
    according to the statistics on the cisco switch they are connected to.
    Swapping cards between these and another machine, and booting many different
    kernels, leads us to believe that the problem only exists when more than one
    processor is being used. This smells like a driver bug to me.

    These errors show up as "TX overruns" from ifconfig on the Linux side and
    frame/CRC errors from `show interfaces' on the cisco side.

    We told cisco, and they're so concerned about their switch they currently
    have a team trying to reproduce the problem, but as far as we know they are
    still in the "how do we install RedHat?" stage.

    What can I do to further track down this problem?
    --
    Alan Curry