SubjectRe: "Internet Keyboard" support for Linux
Ryan Lortie writes:

> I am wondering if there is any interest in support for those "Internet
> Keyboards." I've implimented a kernel/daemon based system for mine, and
> I've given this to a couple people on IRC. They seem interested.
>
> What I'd like to find out, is which is the best way to do it.
>
> As one option, I can hook IRQ1 myself, and completely reimpliment the keyboard
> handler.

Hook IRQ1 ? This is Linux, not DOS.

> The other way is a small modification to the existing keyboard handler code.

You forget the third way: do nothing at all.
If I am not mistaken, this keyboard is supported already.

It produces scancodes

e0 6a Back
e0 69 Forward
e0 68 Stop
e0 6c Mail
e0 65 Search
e0 66 Favorites
e0 32 Web/Home
e0 6b My Computer
e0 21 Calculator
e0 5f Sleep

If you want to use these, attach keycodes using the setkeycodes utility.
Then attach actions or strings to these keycodes using loadkeys.

Andries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.039 / U:0.344 seconds]