    SubjectRe: Unexecutable Stack / Buffer Overflow Exploits...
    On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Horst von Brand wrote:

    > > Thats why it should be a kernel *option*. Then everyone can enable it
    > > except you.
    > That's why it should stay a separate patch: If you want it, you get
    > it. When it gets useless, there is no pain in dropping it.

    Is this a plead for dropping all rz1000, cmd640, "soundblaster cdromdrive"
    and other "useless" drivers from the kernel source ?
    How many people will actually use ham radio ?
    If you look at it this way you can strip over 80 % of all options from
    kernelsource, just because it's useless for a vast majority of linux
    I bet you have a windows 95 CD with just the DLLs on it you personally use
    as well ?

    Homme R. Bitter *NIX admin, BOFH, MCSE, parttime divine entity.

    (S) This signature is swingware, I let you use mine if you let me use

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.018 / U:4.260 seconds]