SubjectRe: Supporting Macintosh FinderInfo/Resource Fork in Linux NWFS 2.0
>You just verified that bash is striping the 8th bit.  These codes are
>the box drawing symbols for ASCII -- that's what they output for you --

Maybe I'm missing something here... but look at this. I did the same
thing Riley did, but piped the output to od

x|od -tu1 -w8

which makes a pretty little dump in decimal characters, like so:

0000000 91 201 93 10 91 187 93 10
0000010 91 200 93 10 91 188 93 10
0000020 91 204 93 10 91 185 93 10
0000030 91 186 93 10 91 205 93 10
0000040 91 30 93 10 91 31 93 10
0000050

These DO have the high bit enabled, as 201 is clearly greater than 127.

What I saw from bash was not lines, however... it was exactly what Riley
described.

As far as I can tell, nothing is stripping your high bit. Your loaded
font just isn't what you are expecting. Depending on your distribution
and how it's configured, your're likely to find iso-8859-1 (latin1)
characters instead of lines. This is, of course, changeable.

Lucca
lucca@acm.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.173 / U:0.124 seconds]