    Subject[OFFTOPIC] Re: kernel mirrors behavior changed

    On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Kyle Rose wrote:

    > > Bull. Use normal FTP. And why on the Earth do you need to download
    > > from DOS, anyway?
    > > > language to the upcomming linux masses, not somebody with 5-10 years of
    > > > unix administration experience.
    > > Huh??? *PLONK*
    > No offense, Alex, but this is exactly the kind of attitude that annoys
    > newbies about Linux.
    You know, constant references to 5-10 years of UNIX SA experience
    allegedly needed just to {use FTP|RTFM|use shell|use vi|use EMACS|use
    patch|whatever} tend to annoy. Badly. Oh, and reference to "upcomming(sic)
    linux masses" in such context also doesn't amuse.

    > A simple "Netscape has a strange behavior that causes
    > it to gunzip .gz files sent with a particular mime type, but forgets to take
    > the .gz off the extension, so use command line ftp or simply rename the file
    > from foo.gz to foo" would have been more productive.
    > Jeff, I know exactly what you're talking about -- Navigator for Linux used to
    > do the exact same thing to me, when I was running 4.0x. Now that I'm running
    > 4.5, the behavior seems to have disappeared... but I'll still be thankful for
    > a stable, complete, *bloat-free* Mozilla release. Hey, maybe even
    > Communicator 5 will be decent. Uh-oh, what have I been smoking... =)
    Whatever it is, could you share? Seems to be really strong stuff.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.026 / U:2.084 seconds]