SubjectRe: Any SMP people out there with SCSI CD ROMs?
Kurt Garloff wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 04:17:29PM +0000, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
> > Having installed a second CPU recentry and having the problem since
> > then, I respond to an older message.
> >
> > > I've gotten lots of reports that SCSI CD's seem to be broken
> > currently,
> > > and it's almost certainly because the SCSI layer is doing something
> > bad
> > > wrt the io_request_lock under SMP with either ioctl's or just
> > something
> > > else in sr.c...
>
> There was a patch to sr_ioctl.c some time ago, and it might or might not
> help you fix this bug. Please report it back to the list, if you are
> successful. Patch appended ...

The patch you had is actually insufficient for the problem. Attached is a
test patch I put together. It does the obviously correct things in regards
to scsi_allocate_device(), scsi_release_device(), scsi_free(), and
scsi_malloc(). However, I don't think this patch does *all* that it needs
to do, but it might. Give it a try and see if things work any better.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Opinions expressed are my own, but

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.033 / U:0.104 seconds]