    SubjectRFS?
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, AT&T created a network file
    system called "RFS". It had many advantages over NFS: UNIX semantics
    (remote mounting /dev/tty7!), uid mapping (e.g. "chip" didn't have to
    be the same uid on different machines), and some others I can't think
    of right now.

    Like many, I don't think much of NFS. ("I'd rather have a network
    file system than NFS." -- Geoff Collyer) I'd rather use RFS.
    Unfortunately, right about the time that Sun and AT&T became strange
    bedfellows and Slowlaris became SVR4, RFS seemed to drop below the
    industry's collective radar, and I haven't heard anything about it
    since.

    Has anyone reverse-engineered RFS for the free unices? Are there
    working alternatives to NFS that have some of RFS's good qualities?
    adTHANKSvance
    --
    Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <chip@perlsupport.com>
    "Gomez! I just invented the wheel!!" //MST3K