Subjectproblems with 2.0 versus 2.1 (was: the way 2.1 shuts down)

I tried 2.1.102 on another machine (a suse 5.2 system).

I turned off kerneld...(I suppose I should do:
if (uname < 2.1.xx)
run kerneld

Thinks appear to be working...but the first time I thought it
wasn't...

The log says:
Freeing unused kernel memory: 40k freed
tty_io.c: process 45 (setserial) used obsolete /dev/cua0 - update software to use /dev/ttyS0
tty_io.c: process 45 (setserial) used obsolete /dev/cua1 - update software to use /dev/ttyS1
tty_io.c: process 45 (setserial) used obsolete /dev/cua2 - update software to use /dev/ttyS2
tty_io.c: process 45 (setserial) used obsolete /dev/cua3 - update software to use /dev/ttyS3
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
lockd_up: no pid, 2 users??
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
lockd_up: no pid, 3 users??
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
lockd_up: no pid, 4 users??
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-111
portmap: RPC call returned error 111
RPC: task of released request still queued!
RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)

Then all the problems seem to disappear.

On the suse system, the system shuts down without a problem
(I'm doing almost identical things, like mounting over NFS /usr/local,
/usr/gnu and /usr/X11R6.

marty leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Don't confuse education with schooling.
Milton Friedman to Yogi Berra

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.032 / U:0.148 seconds]