SubjectRe: PCI: BIOS forgot to enable I/O

If "PnP OS" (or equivalent) is set to "Yes" the BIOS will only allocate
resources for devices that might be necessary to boot. Consequently if you
have a network card without a boot ROM, it won't get allocated an I/O
space, IRQ etc. The idea is that this then allows Winsloth 95 to allocate
the resources, which it is supposed to be able to do better. Certain BIOS
settings may mean that not even the on board serial/parallel ports are
mapped in.