SubjectRe: Getting serial.c to share it's interrupts.
Date
>But wouldn't it then necessary that you know how many data is transferred
>in a given time? Given the possibility of compression; you don't know that
>so you would have to choose the highest possible clockrate for the
>syncronisation?!? Hm, I don't really know how it works but it seems to be
>interesting enough to read a good book about it :))

as far as I can recall the actual carrier speed of all modems nowadays is
only 9600 baud, but the use of more and more complex constellation patterns
is what gives you the higher than 9600 baud speeds.

As for compression, that is done in the modem, so the data rate isn't
affected.

There is a REALLY good tech web site about this stuff, but I can't for the
life of me remember it... it talks all about this stuff. If I remember
I"ll post it for you.

Andrew

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:42    [W:0.276 / U:0.468 seconds]