SubjectRe: tunnels under 2.1.8X, problem report
really mason@soo.com wrote:

> > > ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/iproute2-current.tar.gz.
>
> Ok, i've gotten the "ip" util, and played with it some
> hours. Extra tunnel devices can be made under 2.1.X,
> but they don't work as i'm used to in the 2.0.3X kernels.
>
> Specifically, i can't route from one subnet to another
> thru the tunnel under all circumstances. Have a situation
> where i can route from one subnet to the endpoint of
> the tunnel on the target subnet, but not past that machine.

This is the same behavior I observed with ip tunneling under 2.0.30/3. AFAIK
the tunnel code does not allow for routing for some strange reason- been
meaning to check into it for a while now, but the original reason I needed it
has vanished. There was a package I was using for a while (forget the name-
something like ppp-tunnel) which would set up a DES encrypted ppp tunnel over
tcp/ip - I was able to do all the routing I needed that way.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.103 / U:0.144 seconds]