    SubjectSpontaneous Reboot
    Greetings all,
    Just downloaded 2.2.0-pre1 off of tsx-11. Configured and compiled
    just fine. Went to reboot and poof, it looked like it oopsed. (running
    matroxfb and when it went into graphics mode there was nothing, kinda like
    the oopses in 2.1.78 or so when the fb stuff was new to IA32)

    Now it actually boots, but not much farther. I see the NE2000 (ISA) driver
    appear to load (flash of message that I can read) and then it reboots.

    I see no error, or oops printout, it just reboots. This machine has been
    pretty darn stable for all of the 2.1.1xx series, so this one bugs me.

    One other darn peculiar thing that I noticed is that the kernel saw 2
    processors, initialized them, but when the framebuffer started, there was only
    one penguin rather than 2.

    Anything I can test or try is welcome, I'm just as happy to see 2.2.0
    finalized as everyone else...

    BTW: Machine Specs:
    Procs: 2x P-200MMX
    MB: Tyan Tomvat 4 (1564D)
    Mem: 128MB
    HDD: 8.4GB IBM (IDE)
    Video: Matrox Mystique 220
    Tape: IOMEGA Ditto Easy 3200 (Ditto dash interface card)
    Sound: True blue SB16 (with sbpcd port)
    CD: IDE CD

    Any more info needed, e-mail me.

    Mark Szlaga
    /dev/hdb5 - 0.5Gb of spinning metal, all alone in the night...
    - unknown - alt.sysadmin.recovery
    /dev/hdb5 - our last best hope for free space...
    - Chip Salzenberg - <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:3.416 seconds]