SubjectRe: Volume Managers in Linux

Aaron Wrasman writes:

> I use 64 meg pieces
> Filesystems have nothing to do with it. But most people that use
> AIX never get past the admin tool called smit. It tends to hide
> the options you have and the commands unless you look for them.

Aha! We need smit. It might be too hard for some admins to deal with
MD and ext2 directly, but we could hide all the details in smit.
Smit could slice and dice partitions, set up MD across them for RAID,
and then make MD (for databases) or ext2 aware of the new space.

Maybe just write an LVM module for Linuxconf. "ln linuxconf smit"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.052 / U:0.372 seconds]