SubjectRe: ACPI thoughts
On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> I am sure it does not belong here but I would like to use the feature of my
> motherboard to power up the system at a given time, for example to get new
> mails from my provider nightly (it much cheaper at night in germany).
> I do not know how to access it without using the bios setup and I did not find
> any docs. Is there something in the acpi-specs?

Yes and no. There are a few fields in the FACP (Fixed ACPI description
table) and in other bitfields which allow the OS to know whether it was
awaken by the RTC, and if that capability is supported in the first place.
I've found nothing saying how to set the RTC alarm time ; but the ACPI
spec is extremely messy^H^H^H^H^Hfeature-rich and there might be some
configuration method lurking around in the name space tree, but my AML
interpreter is still too sketchy to let me see right now.

-- Cyrille

Zog Zog