    SubjectRe: ACPI thoughts
    In article <>, writes:
    > Hi,
    > Torsten Landschoff <> writes:
    >> On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 11:11:04AM -0500, Philip Gladstone wrote:
    >> > I've got two long plane rides ahead of me -- I'll try and work up
    >> > a design for ACPI kernel/user interface and send it out next week.
    >> I am sure it does not belong here but I would like to use the feature of my
    >> motherboard to power up the system at a given time, for example to get new
    >> mails from my provider nightly (it much cheaper at night in germany).
    >> I do not know how to access it without using the bios setup and I did not f=
    >> ind
    >> any docs. Is there something in the acpi-specs?

    > This is covered by APM and I currently have a patch in my in queue to
    > allow it to be set up! Soon, soon ...

    Does APM support catching soft power-off on ATX boards too? It would be
    very cool if my PC shut down properly when the power switch is pressed
    (like most workstations do). I know that ACPI covers soft power off, is
    it possible to implement it without ACPI (all motherboards I own unfortunately
    don't have real ACPI bios)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.018 / U:24.956 seconds]