    SubjectRe: Dynamic IP hack (PR#294)
    In message <m0zVRz8-0007UHC@the-village.bc.nu>, Alan Cox writes:
    +-----
    | > In the case of diald redialing an ISP (the reason for the patch), it's
    | > almost certain that you *won't* get it back. At best you'll get a
    | > connection with a different address, at worst it could be a few hours before
    | > it gets through again.
    |
    | I used to get 8 out of 10 successes off cymru.net before I eventually set
    | it up static anyway
    +--->8

    I used to have similar success rates with APK Net, back when it was Zbig and
    a handful of others all of whom pitched in to help. Once the rest of the
    city found out about it and they expanded, I was lucky to get an address in
    the same class-C.

    --
    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
    system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:30.936 seconds]