SubjectRe: Dynamic IP hack (PR#294)
In message <>, Alan Cox writes:
| > In the case of diald redialing an ISP (the reason for the patch), it's
| > almost certain that you *won't* get it back. At best you'll get a
| > connection with a different address, at worst it could be a few hours before
| > it gets through again.
| I used to get 8 out of 10 successes off before I eventually set
| it up static anyway

I used to have similar success rates with APK Net, back when it was Zbig and
a handful of others all of whom pitched in to help. Once the rest of the
city found out about it and they expanded, I was lucky to get an address in
the same class-C.

brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator [WAY too many hats]
electrical and computer engineering KF8NH
carnegie mellon university