    SubjectMotherboard design specifically for Linux
    Hello;

    I am interested in hearing what features people would
    want to have on a motherboard/mainboard designed from the
    ground up specifically for Linux.

    In talks with local Linux users in have already received the
    following suggestions/requests

    1. OpenFirm Ware.
    2. Geek port similar to the BeBox.
    3. Common Hardware Reference Platform Compliant (CHRP)

    Hopefully this week I will have a Web Page up
    describing the effort of designing hardware all of which
    will be released under a hardware equivalent of the GNU GPL.

    The goal of the effort is to have a motherboard/design
    which anyone can build/manufacturer and design changes are
    feedback into future designs.

    Once the motherboard/mainboard is underway additional
    designs are planned.

    1. Network Cards.
    2. SCSI Cards.
    3. Sound Cards.

    I would also like to hear suggestions concerning what types
    of cards should be designed.

    --
    Terry L. Ridder
    Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

    entertaining angels
    by the light of my computer screen
    24-7 you wait for me
    entertaining angels
    while the night becomes history
    host of heaven, sing over me
    ==Entertaining Angels==Newsboys

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.022 / U:119.888 seconds]