SubjectMotherboard design specifically for Linux

I am interested in hearing what features people would
want to have on a motherboard/mainboard designed from the
ground up specifically for Linux.

In talks with local Linux users in have already received the
following suggestions/requests

1. OpenFirm Ware.
2. Geek port similar to the BeBox.
3. Common Hardware Reference Platform Compliant (CHRP)

Hopefully this week I will have a Web Page up
describing the effort of designing hardware all of which
will be released under a hardware equivalent of the GNU GPL.

The goal of the effort is to have a motherboard/design
which anyone can build/manufacturer and design changes are
feedback into future designs.

Once the motherboard/mainboard is underway additional
designs are planned.

1. Network Cards.
2. SCSI Cards.
3. Sound Cards.

I would also like to hear suggestions concerning what types
of cards should be designed.

Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)
"We do not write software, we compose it."

entertaining angels
by the light of my computer screen
24-7 you wait for me
entertaining angels