    SubjectMotherboard design specifically for Linux

    I am interested in hearing what features people would
    want to have on a motherboard/mainboard designed from the
    ground up specifically for Linux.

    In talks with local Linux users in have already received the
    following suggestions/requests

    1. OpenFirm Ware.
    2. Geek port similar to the BeBox.
    3. Common Hardware Reference Platform Compliant (CHRP)

    Hopefully this week I will have a Web Page up
    describing the effort of designing hardware all of which
    will be released under a hardware equivalent of the GNU GPL.

    The goal of the effort is to have a motherboard/design
    which anyone can build/manufacturer and design changes are
    feedback into future designs.

    Once the motherboard/mainboard is underway additional
    designs are planned.

    1. Network Cards.
    2. SCSI Cards.
    3. Sound Cards.

    I would also like to hear suggestions concerning what types
    of cards should be designed.

    Terry L. Ridder
    Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)
    "We do not write software, we compose it."

    entertaining angels
    by the light of my computer screen
    24-7 you wait for me
    entertaining angels
    while the night becomes history
    host of heaven, sing over me
    ==Entertaining Angels==Newsboys

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.047 / U:0.792 seconds]