SubjectRe: Not rebooting.
Hi!

> Specifying 'reboot=bios' does work however, which leads me to a question:
>
> If the default method of rebooting without the BIOS (using keyboard/triple
> fault) doesn't work, why does the current code sit in an infinite loop when
> it would be just as easy to attempt that a certain number of times and then
> attempt the BIOS instead?

Because triplefaulting means crashing processor. And you can not do
anything after you crashed you CPU. And changing methods will not
work, IMO: BIOS simply will not reboot, and it may not even return control.

--
Do *NOT* buy software, GNU software is better and free! Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.036 / U:0.440 seconds]