Subject[2.1.54/55] who owns ppp.c?
Hello,

Pardon me if I'm not understanding something correctly, I'm a
little green with this. But, I've been under the impression that
ppp-2.3.1 is the current definitive ppp distribution, with the Linux port
being maintained by Al Lonyear. I've been using that with kernels 2.1.48
up with great success. As we know, the ppp distribution basically nukes
several of the linux kernel source files and replaces them with it's own.
Now the fun part.. the 2.1.54 patch makes changes to (the
original) ppp.c. The changes themselves occur after the release of
ppp-2.3.1's copy of ppp.c, yet the distribution copy is still dated later
(someone forget to update ==FILEVERSION?) I'm deducing that ppp is
undergoing parallel maintainance and I'm wondering if this is going to
confuse someone (more important than I :) down the road.
For now I'm just re-installing the ppp.c from the ppp distribution
over the stock kernel one.

Again, excuse me if I've made an error.

thanks,
-bp
--
B. James Phillippe <bryan@Terran.ORG>
UNIX, Linux, networks, programming, etc.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.104 / U:0.100 seconds]