    SubjectRe: patch for 2.1.45-7 wrapping counts
    Date
    > It appears that since sock_alloc is a public function, there may be some
    > uses of sockets that don't get a dentry reference. Alternatively, if
    > sock_alloc could be made private, then all uses of sockets would go
    > through get_fd, and the iput() in sock_release could be removed.

    There are possible cases for this. We allocate socket objects directly for
    several purposes, although these will not have an associated file handle.

    You may also want to check accept() and the file passing in AF_UNIX do
    the right things too.

    The main socket allocators are the network file systems. If its a problem
    then making sock_alloc() the "allocate kernel socket" call, and making
    socket/accept etc use sock_alloc_fd() or whatever should do fine without
    breaking other code

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:92.444 seconds]