SubjectRe: 2.0.30 lock-up with pcmcia-eth interface.
smurphy@stardust.bln.sub.org (Joerg Mertin) wrote:
| OKi. Here to my problem.
|
| I recently upgrade the pcmcia-package toe 2.9.1 and the kernel to
| 2.0.30. First i thought, it was a bug in the pcmcia-package, but after
| downgrading it to 2.9.0 again, it showed up exactly the same
| beheaviour. Total Lock. Nothing to do, not over ethernet, serial line,
| parallel line or the keyboard. However the kernel wasn't halted. It
| continued working, since mostly I started a ping to a remote computer
| and I got the error message, even if I couldn't do a thing:
|
| eth0 network cable problem ? (Well, very similar ;) ).
|
| But, the Lock came at ethernet card initalisation, since as soon as a
| packet weent out, I got the first ping response, and then it locked.

I just want to add that I got exactly the same problem on my Compaq
430CX laptop. The computer locks up on the first network traffic. After
downgrading to kernel version 2.0.29 the problem disappeared. BTW: I'm
also using pcmcia-cs-2.9.0.

Dick
--
Dick Streefland //// Tasking Software BV
dick_streefland@tasking.com (@ @) http://www.tasking.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.029 / U:0.624 seconds]