SubjectISS test3 is out

There are only two things changed in here, none of the socket hashing
code has changed and that stuff has been running strong on our good
friend vger.rutgers.edu for a few days now, I'm rather pleased. There
are only two small behavioral bug reports I have received at this
point, one of them looks like a bug that was in our networking before
I began tinkering ;-)

Anyways this does:

1) IP masquerading documentation updates (Nigel Metheringham)

2) SYN flood prevention SYN/RST cookie code (Eric Schenk)

I want this to be one of the very last installments of these ISS test
releases. There is only one patch which might make it's way into this
patchset for a test4, and that is the ext2 filesystem noatime support
as it does help large news servers tremendously, thus it fits into the
theme of this patch set. I ask rather kindly that people not request
that anything else be added to these patches, my goal is stability and
robustness at this point. Thank you.

vger.rutgers.edu:/pub/linux/Net/patches/patch-2.0-ISS.test3.gz

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s ////
ethernet. Beat that! ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.037 / U:0.028 seconds]