Subjectvcs/vcsa for normal user
Date
Hi

I've writteln aalib - the text mode gfx library and I need fast text mode
access for animations (about 70 text screens per second) Nice solution is
/dev/vcs* that works perfectly in case you are root.

But why this is available only for root? Is there any purpose for disabling
this feature for normal users. It should be cool to have drivers in curses
slang that provides very fast access to linux consolu since normal
terminal access is still slow(even on pentium). IMO only problem should
be that in current scheme normal users should watch what is displayed at
console. But why not disable access to foregin consoles like in /dev/tty
mechanizm? I would invite if /dev/vcs* would be available for normal users
in future versions.

Any ideas?

Honza

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.080 / U:0.080 seconds]