    SubjectRe: how do you prevent all kernel files from being recompiled?
    >    I'm working on developing a new driver, and I don't want to recompile
    > every file when I only make changes to one or two files.
    > I'm sure the answer is quite simple, and I'm displaying my ignorance, but
    > I haven't figured it out. If someone could help me out, it would save me a
    > lot of time!

    a quick kludge fix for this problem is to remove the .o files for your
    driver and back date with touch the .h files which changed, make will only
    recompile the source for your driver.

    Gerald Britton <>
    Walt Whitman Internet System Administrator

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.017 / U:6.980 seconds]