    SubjectLD_LIBRARY_PATH problem
    Hello:
    I have a compiled application program (MuPAD) that needs libraries
    that are not the
    most current version. It won't run on the latest libraries. I have tried
    to get it to run by installing them in a special directory and using the
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. I thought that this would get the
    kernel to use the older library. It doesn't work. The program uses the
    latest library instead of the one that I want it to. I have Linux
    installed on several partitions. The /usr/lib directory is on a different
    partition than the root directory. I use symbolic links to point to it.
    Is this my problem using sylinks? I read somwhere that this might be the
    problem. If it is the problem, it would be nice to have this problem
    fixed by kernel developers so that symbolic links can be used.

    Donald Harter Jr.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:1.572 seconds]