SubjectLD_LIBRARY_PATH problem
Hello:
I have a compiled application program (MuPAD) that needs libraries
that are not the
most current version. It won't run on the latest libraries. I have tried
to get it to run by installing them in a special directory and using the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. I thought that this would get the
kernel to use the older library. It doesn't work. The program uses the
latest library instead of the one that I want it to. I have Linux
installed on several partitions. The /usr/lib directory is on a different
partition than the root directory. I use symbolic links to point to it.
Is this my problem using sylinks? I read somwhere that this might be the
problem. If it is the problem, it would be nice to have this problem
fixed by kernel developers so that symbolic links can be used.

Donald Harter Jr.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.133 / U:0.208 seconds]