    SubjectRe: Now for something entirely different - CPU-fans.

    Gentle sirs, I am not sure what manufaturer it was
    although very much not 'CPU-Cool' fans.

    We had just recently (<2-3 months) & the cheeeaaapppppp
    fans had no bearings , I Swear it, and failed in that time
    frame to the point of over heating the CPU . The fan had
    actually stopped rotating. 8-{

    & was just a real small (relatively) heater. If I can
    find the gut of the dead one I'll post the manufacturer.

    On Sun, 1 Sep 1996, Steve Dossick wrote:

    > Date: Sun, 01 Sep 1996 14:05:09 -0400
    > From: Steve Dossick <>
    > To: Edward Welbon <>
    > Cc:,
    > Subject: Re: Now for something entirely different - CPU-fans.
    > In message <>, Edward Welbon writes:
    > > Does anyone use PC Power and Cooling, Inc. "CPU-Cool" fans on a P6? I
    > > read interesting claim in one of their advertisements. The claim states
    > > that some fans have poorly designed bearings which in time wear causing
    > > noise and inevitably, extra frictional heat which detracts from the utlity
    > > of the heat sink. I have no idea how much extra heat could be dissapated
    > > by a worn fan, but on other chips, the CPU-Cool fan/heat-sinks seem to run
    > > very cool (even at elevated Mhz in closed cases). My P6's are noticably
    > > warm to the touch. I was curious of the experience of other P6 users.
    > > Personal email will be fine.
    > >
    > I've used them in various PCs I've bought over the years (for business and
    > personal use)...I've never had any of their parts fail. Other
    > manufacturer's fans have flat-out stopped working after a year or two.
    > /steve

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.029 / U:13.240 seconds]