    SubjectMulticast applications hang system on 2.0, 2.0.1

    I am experimenting a very wierd problem with multicast applications
    on my Linux/i386 machine (Pentium 133, Triton chipset, adaptec 1542,
    depca 200 ethernet card, cirrus 5424 video card). I have searched
    altavista for any similar problem without success. I had the same
    problem with my previous machine, a Pentium at 66Mhz with the fdiv bug
    with the ethernet and scsi cards.

    I have compiled my kernel with multicast support, with and without
    multicast routing (I get an IGMP line in the list of supported
    protocols when booting) and I have added the route to the
    net with netmask.

    Now, every time I enter sd or vat (the only two multicast
    applications I have attempted to use), if I press the Quit button (or
    press control-c on the xterm to terminate the program) inmediately the
    machine hangs.

    I attempted to strace the process without success, the last system
    call I see is a select and then the system just stops. I can ping the
    machine, but I can't type anything on the console. I also can switch

    Now, my machine had been up for 20 days or so without having any
    problem until I tried this (I have now rebooted several times with
    different configurations: including multicast routing does not make
    any difference).

    I have also noticed, when pressing control-scrollock that all of
    the PCs reported are either 00000000 or ffffffff on my 386 instead of
    the PC where the program is currently executing (with the exception of
    a rnunning application, this one shows the correct PC), very wierd,
    because any other i386 machines running around here show a regular PC
    on the same place.

    There are no messages logged by klogd from the kernel either.

    Any ideas?

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:25.892 seconds]