    SubjectRe: mcdx.c (1.3.93) + Audio Player Workman = system freezes
    Martin.Dalecki ( wrote:
    > This is in fact not the only problem with mcdx.c. Since there seems to be
    > no longer support for this driver by the original author, I decided to do
    > the cleanup. The corrections necessary to make this beast work fine,
    > where rather large. So therefore I will post mcdx-2.1 at sunsite/Incoming
    > tomorrow. Try it out please.

    Nice work. I have had no lockups when accessing mounted CDs with the new
    version (with mcdx 1.9 I got several lockups after a few minutes of
    CD-activity, sometimes even when I mounted the first CD).

    But there are still some problems: ioctl(CDROMEJECT) always returns EIO on
    my FX001S (though the disc gets ejected and everything else seems to be
    fine). The old mcdx-versions never had that problem.

    Also, workman doesn't work with my drive and the new mcdx. Sometimes it doesn't
    notice disc changes (e.g. when I start workman while a mounted CD is in the
    drive, then unmount and eject that CD and insert an audio-CD, workman
    doesn't display the new TOC). If workman regonizes the audio-CD and I press
    the start-button, workman starts playing the CD but then stops after one or
    two seconds and ejects the disc. mcdx prints the following error:
    mcdx: command error cmd = 0x20

    Has anybody else seen such problems or am I the only one still using a
    single-speed drive? :-)

    /* Martin Buck E-Mail: */
    /* Student of electrical engineering WWW: */
    /* University of Ulm, Germany Snail-Mail: Paukengasse 2, 89077 Ulm, Germany */
    #include <disclaimer.h> /* PGP Key available MIME-Mail welcome */

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:17.540 seconds]