Subjectsound volume and kerneld
I'm running into a problem with using the sound module with kerneld.
Every time the modules is reloaded by kerneld it re-initalizes the volume.
An example of the problem can be shown by the output of this script:

mixer vol 90 ; mixer -V | grep vol ; sleep 120 ; mixer -V | grep vol

which is:
vol - 90,90
vol - 50,50

This test assumes that kerneld is set to autoclean every 60 seconds and
that nothing is using the sound driver during the 2 minute sleep period.

Is there some configuration option I missed to set TASD (the sound
module) to load without re-setting the volume?

I have already checked the sound=0xTaaaId options (which, btw, is now left
undocumented in the latest kernels!! :( ) to see if that could help but
didn't find anything for loading without reseting the volume levels.

I also would be interested in hearing if anyone has come up with any sort
of work around (regardless of how hokie it might be).

Thanks,
Ben Galliart (bgallia@luc.edu)

Btw, I'm using Linux kernel version 1.3.84 with the modules 1.3.57
package and using a PAS16 (Pro Audio Spectrum 16) with both the PAS16 and
SB support compiled into the sound module.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.048 / U:0.504 seconds]