Subject2.1.5 still Running low on SCSI DMA buffers
I was able to build the 2.1.5 kernel with no problems (no audio modules)
so the get_user macro in ppp.c has been fixed but when I booted it up, I
still get the Running low on SCSI DMA buffers.
I was able to locate the prink statements in sd.c and sr.c and comment
them out, so I don't get the messages any more. BTW, this is a wonderful
side effect of modules: You can change the code, recompile the modules
that have changed, install the new ones, rmmod the old (broken) one and
insmod the new one, all without rebooting the kernel! This sure makes
debugging modules easy, specially if you keep the old version around to
fall back on if the new "fix" doesn't work.
Anyway, my question is, asside from their debugging uses, is there any
reason to keep these printk statements in the code? Everything seems to
work ok. Am I going to see some kind of dammaging failure at some later
date?

TIA,

Dwarf

aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (904) 877-0257
Flexible Software Fax: NONE
Black Creek Critters e-mail: dwarf@polaris.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.243 / U:0.028 seconds]