SubjectRe: mainline build failure due to cf21f328fcaf ("media: nxp: Add i.MX8 ISI driver")
Hi,

Le lundi 08 mai 2023 à 09:27 -0700, Linus Torvalds a écrit :
> End result: you and the media tree is on my shit-list, and I will not
> take any pull requests from you that aren't just fixes.
>
> Not just this release, but the next one.

I'm expected to be flamed for getting in the way, but whatever. To me this
decision lacks any kind of consideration toward who will be affected. This will
hit those that makes the new features and are working hard to convince their
customers to go mainline first. None of Mauro or Hans will truly be affected by
this. Everyone affected by this decision were completely unaware of the problem
in the first place and could not help it.

Punishment and shame is not something I encourage or think is nice in general.
Its the reflection of a strong frustration and the spontaneous need to hit
somewhere it hurts. It brings no benefit to anyone and likely convince the
skeptical to go away. In the end, it is the leaf contributors (the one that have
the least authority on the project) that takes the hit, having to tell their
customers they'll only get their stuff mainline in 6.7 even though they might
have done everything right to get things on time for the next window. This kind
of methods is purely negative for everyone, there is no win of any sort.

regards,
Nicolas

  Last update: 2023-05-18 21:53    [W:0.107 / U:0.372 seconds]