SubjectRe: Is PPC 44x PIKA Warp board still relevant?
Date
Hi Dmitry

Le 25/09/2022 à 07:06, Dmitry Torokhov a écrit :
> Hi Michael, Nick,
>
> I was wondering if PIKA Warp board still relevant. The reason for my
> question is that I am interested in dropping legacy gpio APIs,
> especially OF-specific ones, in favor of newer gpiod APIs, and
> arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/warp.c is one of few users of it.

As far as I can see, that board is still being sold, see

https://www.voipon.co.uk/pika-warp-asterisk-appliance-p-932.html

> The code in question is supposed to turn off green led and flash red led
> in case of overheating, and is doing so by directly accessing GPIOs
> owned by led-gpio driver without requesting/allocating them. This is not
> really supported with gpiod API, and is not a good practice in general.

As far as I can see, it was ported to led-gpio by

ba703e1a7a0b powerpc/4xx: Have Warp take advantage of GPIO LEDs
default-state = keep
805e324b7fbd powerpc: Update Warp to use leds-gpio driver

> Before I spend much time trying to implement a replacement without
> access to the hardware, I wonder if this board is in use at all, and if
> it is how important is the feature of flashing red led on critical
> temperature shutdown?

Don't know who can tell it ?

Maybe let's perform a more standard implementation is see if anybody
screams ?

Christophe

  Last update: 2022-09-26 08:36    [W:0.065 / U:0.448 seconds]