SubjectLinux 5.18-rc1
So here we are, two weeks later, and the merge window is closed.

The full diffstat isn't useful, because this is another of those
occasional releases where the AMD drm driver adds those generated
register definitions, so the diff is absolutely dominated by register
definitions for DCN 3.1.x and MP 13.0.x register definitions. Don't
even go look - you'll go blind.

Another fairly big chunk of it (but nowhere _near_ the AMD GPU
register definitions) is the updates for various Intel performance
monitoring event tables.

But if you ignore those two areas, things look fairly normal. At that
point, it's about 60%driver updates - with GPU updates are still
fairly sizable, but now no longer so dominant as to hide everything
else. And all the other usual suspects too: networking, sound, media,
scsi, pinctrl, clk, etc..

The rest is fairly spread out documentation and devicetree bindings
(maybe I should just count that against drivers), architecture updates
(biggest part of the diff: nds32 is gone, but there's all the usual
x86, arm, arm64, powerpc, parisc, mips and riscv updates). Tooling
updates (perf and selftests), and of course all the core kernel
updates (filesystem, core, networking, VM).

As always, there's _way_ too many changes to list individually, and
you're just getting the usual mergelog appended.

In fact, at least in pure commits, this has been a bigger merge window
than we've had in some time. But let's hope it's all smooth sailing
this release.

Sure, that will happen.

Go test, please,
Linus

---

Al Viro (1):
vfs updates

Alex Williamson (1):
VFIO updates

Alexandre Belloni (2):
i3c updates
RTC updates

Andreas Gruenbacher (2):
iomap fixlet
gfs2 fixes

Andrew Morton (4):
updates
more updates
yet more updates
still more updates

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (2):
perf tools updates
more perf tools updates

Arnd Bergmann (6):
asm-generic updates
ARM defconfig updates
ARM SoC updates
ARM driver updates
ARM devicetree updates
ARM SoC fixes

Bartosz Golaszewski (2):
gpio updates
gpio fixes

Benson Leung (1):
chrome platform updates

Bjorn Andersson (3):
rpmsg updates
hwspinlock updates
remoteproc updates

Bjorn Helgaas (2):
pci updates
pci fix

Borislav Petkov (10):
EDAC updates
x86 cpu feature updates
misc x86 updates
x86 Kconfig fix
x86 paravirt improvement
x86 SEV fix
x86 SGX updates
x86 confidential computing updates
x86 cleanups
RAS updates

Brian Cain (1):
hexagon update

Casey Schaufler (1):
smack update

Christian Brauner (2):
mount_setattr updates
mount attributes PREEMPT_RT update

Christoph Hellwig (2):
dma-mapping updates
more dma-mapping updates

Chuck Lever (1):
nfsd updates

Corey Minyard (1):
IPMI updates

Damien Le Moal (1):
ata updates

Dan Williams (3):
CXL (Compute Express Link) updates
DAX updates
libnvdimm updates

Daniel Thompson (1):
kgdb update

Darrick Wong (3):
xfs updates
xfs fixes
vfs fix

Dave Airlie (2):
drm updates
drm fixes

Dave Kleikamp (1):
jfs updates

David Howells (2):
watch_queue fixes
netfs updates

David Sterba (1):
btrfs updates

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
input updates

Eric Biederman (3):
tasklist_lock optimizations
shm ucounts fix
ptrace cleanups

Eric Biggers (1):
fscrypt updates

Gao Xiang (1):
erofs updates

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
m68k updates

Greg KH (5):
USB/Thunderbolt updates
char/misc and other driver updates
driver core updates
staging driver updates
tty/serial driver updates

Greg Ungerer (1):
m68knommu updates

Guenter Roeck (1):
hwmon updates

Gustavo Silva (1):
flexible-array transformations

Hans de Goede (1):
x86 platform driver updates

Helge Deller (3):
parisc architecture updates
fbdev updates
more parisc architecture updates

Herbert Xu (2):
crypto updates
crypto fixes

Ilya Dryomov (1):
ceph updates

Ingo Molnar (3):
x86 perf event updates
locking updates
scheduler updates

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
f2fs updates

Jakub Kicinski (3):
networking updates
networking fixes
more networking updates

James Bottomley (1):
SCSI updates

Jan Kara (2):
fsnotify updates
reiserfs updates

Jarkko Sakkinen (1):
tpm updates

Jason Donenfeld (2):
random number generator updates
random number generator fixes

Jason Gunthorpe (1):
rdma updates

Jassi Brar (1):
mailbox updates

Jens Axboe (12):
io_uring updates
io_uring statx fixes
block updates
block driver updates
bio_alloc() cleanups
NVMe write streams removal
bio allocation fix
block layer 64-bit data integrity support
io_uring fixes
block fixes
block driver fixes
block driver fix

Jiri Kosina (1):
HID updates

Joerg Roedel (1):
iommu updates

Jonathan Corbet (2):
documentation updates
more documentation updates

Juergen Gross (1):
xen updates

Kees Cook (8):
execve updates
pstore updates
kernel hardening updates
overflow updates
bounds fixes
FORTIFY_SOURCE updates
array-bounds updates
hardening updates

Lee Jones (2):
MFD updates
backlight updates

Linus Walleij (1):
pin control updates

Luis Chamberlain (1):
module update

Mark Brown (4):
regmap updates
regulator updates
spi updates
regulator fixes

Masahiro Yamada (3):
Kbuild update for C11 language base
Kbuild updates
Kbuild fixes

Matthew Wilcox (4):
folio updates
filesystem folio updates
XArray updates
more filesystem folio updates

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
media updates

Max Filippov (1):
Xtensa updates

Michael Ellerman (1):
powerpc updates

Michael Tsirkin (1):
virtio updates

Michal Simek (1):
microblaze updates

Mickaël Salaün (1):
landlock updates

Miguel Ojeda (1):
auxdisplay updates

Mike Rapoport (1):
memblock updates

Mike Snitzer (2):
device mapper updates
device mapper fixes

Mimi Zohar (1):
integrity subsystem updates

Miquel Raynal (1):
MTD updates

Namjae Jeon (1):
exfat updates

Palmer Dabbelt (3):
RISC-V updates
more RISC-V updates
RISC-V fix

Paolo Bonzini (2):
kvm updates
kvm fixes

Paul McKenney (2):
RCU updates
memory model doc update

Paul Moore (2):
selinux updates
audit update

Pavel Machek (1):
LED updates

Peter Zijlstra (1):
x86 CET-IBT (Control-Flow-Integrity) support

Petr Mladek (2):
printk updates
livepatching updates

Rafael Wysocki (7):
ACPI updates
power management updates
thermal control updates
PnP update
more power management updates
device properties code update
more ACPI updates

Richard Weinberger (2):
JFFS2, UBI and UBIFS updates
UML updates

Rob Herring (2):
devicetree updates
devicetree fixes

Russell King (3):
ARM updates
ARM updates
ARM fixes

Sebastian Reichel (1):
power supply and reset updates

Shuah Khan (2):
Kselftest updates
KUnit updates

Stafford Horne (1):
OpenRISC updates

Stephen Boyd (2):
clk updates
clk fix

Steve French (3):
cfis updates
more cifs updates
ksmbd updates

Steven Rostedt (4):
RTLA tracing tool updates
tracing updates
trace event string verifier fix
more tracing updates

Takashi Iwai (2):
sound updates
sound fixes

Ted Ts'o (1):
ext4 updates

Tejun Heo (2):
workqueue updates
cgroup updates

Tetsuo Handa (1):
tomoyo update

Thierry Reding (1):
pwm updates

Thomas Bogendoerfer (2):
MIPS updates
MIPS fixes

Thomas Gleixner (6):
x86 PASID support
core process handling RT latency updates
timer and timekeeping updates
interrupt updates
RT signal fix
x86 fixes

Trond Myklebust (1):
NFS client updates

Ulf Hansson (1):
MMC updates

Vasily Gorbik (2):
s390 updates
more s390 updates

Vinod Koul (1):
dmaengine updates

Vlastimil Babka (1):
slab updates

Wei Liu (1):
hyperv updates

Will Deacon (1):
arm64 updates

Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
watchdog updates

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c updates

  Last update: 2022-04-04 00:15    [W:0.133 / U:0.024 seconds]