SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] locking changes for v5.18

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 3:05 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > I see that the -mm tree has a fix for this,[..]
>
> Ok, usually I strive to let the patch-bomb from Andrew sit in a branch
> of its own for a while (in case somebody replies to one of Andrew's
> emails I can then fix things up).
>
> But I decided to just apply and merge the series immediately instead,
> partly to just have this issue sorted out.
>
> Let's hope there's nothing dodgy in there..

Thanks!

> > I thought -tip had started checking with clang, but apparently not.

Only intermittently on my side - it only recently started working reliably
& it doubles the not inconsiderable test time :-/

> > I see that the -mm tree has a fix for this, but I'm rather unhappy that
> > the -tip tree build checking has deteriorated so much, and clang builds
> > will now have a pointless build error that will cause issues for
> > bisect.

Will try to add better clang testing, seems to have better warnings in a
couple of areas.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2022-03-24 09:41    [W:0.188 / U:0.076 seconds]