SubjectRe: pstore/ramoops - why only collect a partial dmesg?
On 03/01/2022 20:31, Luck, Tony wrote:
> Guilherme,
>
> The efi (and erst) backends for pstore have severe limitations on the size
> of objects that can store (just a few Kbytes) so pstore breaks the dmesg
> data into pieces.
>
> I'm not super-familiar with how ramoops behaves, but maybe it allows setting
> a much larger "record_size" ... so this split isn't needed?
>
> -Tony

Hi Tony, thanks a lot for your response! It makes sense indeed, but in
my case, for example, I have a "log_buf_len=4M", but cannot allocate a
4M record_size - when I try that, I can only see page_alloc spews and
pstore/ramoops doesn't work. So, I could allocate 2M and that works
fine, but I then lose half of my dmesg heh
Hence my question.

If there's no special reason, I guess would make sense to allow ramoops
to split the dmesg, what do you think?
Cheers,

Guilherme

  Last update: 2022-01-04 13:19    [W:0.100 / U:0.264 seconds]